Ofsted Number: 221750
Charity Commission Number: 1027241
To provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment where children can, through play:
1. Develop their independence
2. Develop their self esteem
3. Mix with other children and adults
4. Gain positive attitudes to all children
5. Have fun!
Abington Pre-school is a registered charity and offers places for children aged 2-5 years and is situated within the primary school grounds employing its own experienced and longstanding staff. The staff have experience of children with additional needs and also children with English as a second language.
Abington Pre-school is open on weekdays during term time from 8:50am-2:50pm. The day can be broken into three sessions:
Morning session 8:50-11:50
Lunch session 11:50-1:20
Afternoon session 1:20-2:50.
Flexible sessions are available to suit both you and your child.
Abington Preschool is registered with OFSTED to accept government funding. Children are currently eligible to receive Nursery Education funding from the term after a child turns three years old.
We also registered to provide care and education to parents/carers in receipt of funded two funding. If you think you may be eligible to receive such funding please contact the local Children’s centre in Linton or Sawston.
Pre-School Fees charged for over three year old children in Universal Entitlement.
Eligible children are entitled to access up to 15 hours per week of Early Years provision. This can be taken over a 38 weeks as long as the total hours claimed does not exceed 570 hours. The minimum claim for our setting is 2.5 hours in any one day and the maximum claim for our setting is 6 hours in any one day, please consult our Finance Manager if you require more details. Abington Pre-School is only open for 6 hours per day which sets the limit of Early Years provision per day.
Any additional fees charged relate to:
• Hours attended in excess of the free entitlement
• Weeks not funded by the Early Years Funding
Extended Entitlement for eligible three and four year olds.
Some parents/guardians may be entitled to 30 hours childcare if they meet certain criteria.
If eligible they will be sent a code which will need validating by the childcare provider.
Please contact our Finance Manager for further information.
Abington Preschools approach to learning is play based. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) set by the government. This is a curriculum that is divided into 3 prime and 4 specific areas. It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children’s school readiness and gives them the broad range of knowledge and skills needed to make good progress.
The development for education have produced a guidance to help, show parents/carers typical development at different ages called ‘What to expect when’. Please find the link below
At Preschool we encourage children to explore, take risks, make decisions, solve problems and share their achievements with others. As children they apply the knowledge and skills they gain from other areas of learning in a context, which is meaningful to them.
Abington Preschool had its last Ofsted inspection in April 2014. The inspector found us to be outstanding in all areas.
- Highly motivated, well-trained staff provide consistently outstanding levels of teaching and care. As a result, all children make exceptional progress and any gaps in learning and development are rapidly closing.
- Staff have a superb understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage. They precisely observe and assess children, identifying their preferred style of learning and their current interests. Staff use this skilfully to provide a fantastic range of activities that fully engage and stimulate children.
- Every child is well prepared for the next stage in their learning, including starting school. Staff are fully committed to working in partnership with parents, carers and local schools; exchanging detailed amounts of information and inspiring parents to become actively involved in their children’s learning and development.
We take admissions throughout the year. To apply for a place at Preschool we ask that you complete a booking form, which can be found below and return it to Abington Preschool either by post, email or drop it in . Everyone is welcome to come and visit us and ask any questions
Download our booking form here:Abington Pre-School booking form