I hope you are keeping well.
As I am sure you are aware, Covid-19 has had a huge impact on Abington Pre-School and Abington Community out of School Club (GAPS) over the past year and while we hope you are looking forward to the upcoming holidays, we wanted to remind you of some of the guidance in place at this time.
If any members of your household experience symptoms of coronavirus during the holiday period, please remember to still book a test through NHS Test and Trace and be prepared to share contact details of anyone you, or they, have been in close contact with if the result is positive. Please remember, the guidance for self-isolation has recently changed and, from 14 December, people will need to isolate for 10 days if they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
If your household is due to travel abroad for Christmas, please remember that you will all need to self-isolate for 10 days when you return, unless you have travelled to a country on the government’s travel corridor list. From 15 December, those who have travelled to a country outside this list will have the option of taking a coronavirus test five days after they return. If the test is negative, you will not need to isolate for any longer.
Should your child test positive for coronavirus between 19th December to 24th December 2020 please follow the guidelines below:
- Where a child tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms more than 48 hours since being in our setting, the setting should not be contacted. Parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace.
- If a child tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms within 48 hours of being in our setting, we are asked to assist in identifying close contacts and advising self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in our setting.
- If a child tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), whilst being asymptomatic, within 48 hours of being in our setting, we are asked to assist in identifying close contacts and advising self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in our setting.
- If your child tests positive for coronavirus (COVID -19) over the Christmas period and their symptoms started within 48 hours of last attending our setting, or they are asymptomatic and the test was within 48 hours of being in our setting, please will you notify us as soon as possible on 07547 472325 – Ruth
- If your child attends Great Abington Primary School please ensure you also contact them through the correct channels.
If you will not be available on your usual contact number over the Christmas period, please will you notify us of the best way to contact you.
Please also let us know via email if your child’s return is going to be delayed in the new term because your household is self-isolating, whether this is due to contact with a positive case or recent travel abroad.
Pre school: firstname.lastname@example.org
or GAPS: email@example.com
Thank you for your continued understanding and support in this time. Please enjoy your break and we look forward to seeing you all at the start of next year.